Monday, May 21, 2007

UVAS South Bay Triathlon XIV, May 20th, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After the disastrous Wildflower Half IM race, I had to get back on the saddle and put that one behind me. The UVAS South Bay Triathlon XIV was a great opportunity. It's a .75 mile swim, 16 mile bike and 5 mile run. I think shorter distance works better for me, at least it is easier to train for. Also, it's a local race so I can sleep in my own bed the night before the race.

The start of the swim
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I am wearing a ligh blue swim cap :-)

I had my best swim in a race so far, the lake was very calm and for the first time I was able to swim in a straight line.
0.75 Mile
Swim time: 28:24s

The bike course was a nice and easy 16 miles around the reservoir, It had a steep climb at mile 11 for about half mile, some rolling hills but mostly flat. No head wind this time, no wind at all!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
16 Miles
Bike time: 50:50s

Felt good on the run.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
5 Miles
Run time: 37:47s

This was a great race for redemption.

Finish Time: 2:00:07s






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home