Monday, May 21, 2007

DNF -- Wildflower 2007 Long Course, May 5, 2007

This half Ironman distance triathlon was not fun at all! My worst race so far. I did not finish (DNF)

The Swim was in Lake San Antonio, the water was very choppy, that made the swim really difficult

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swim time : 50 mins

After a long and painful swim, I started the bike in a bad mood. I got surprised by the first mile, very very hilly, then it was the headwind for 19 miles -- wanted to drop so many times. I painfully finished the bike course.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
only the beginning of the bike course

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Just trying to look good for the picture.

Bike time: 3:48 min -- That's a long time, even for me...

After the bike, I sat in the transition area for 10 minutes, I had nothing left, no energy.

I could not go on with the course, I did not do the run, felt bad about it for a while.
Lessons learned -- better respect the distance and will never DNF again!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Erhan I am proud of you no matter what!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home